Transmission Repair in Whitehall, WI
The modern automatic transmission is the most complicated mechanical component in today’s vehicle. The automatic transmission contains mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and computer controls that work together to power the engine to drive the wheels. With so many parts working together, this can lead to your transmission needing special attention.
Transmission maintenance leads to a longer vehicle life. Typically trouble with the transmission starts from overheating. Stop-and-go traffic, heavy pulling, struggling in the snow, hot weather, and racing can cause your transmission to overheat. At higher temperatures the transmission fluid burns. Your vehicle loses lubrication and deposits inside the transmission increase. We recommend that you take your vehicle to a service technician as soon as you believe your vehicle is having transmission problems.
To prevent your transmission from damage:
- Check your parking space for leaks regularly. If you notice fluid deposits under your car, have one of our technicians inspect it right away.
- Check the transmission fluid levels and condition. Change it when necessary.
- Make sure you use the correct transmission fluid as specified in your owner’s manual.
- Make sure to stop your vehicle before shifting into reverse or park.
- Always hold the brakes down when shifting from park.
Paying attention to your transmission will help increase the lifespan of your vehicle, save money on costly repairs, ensure smooth shifting, extend your transmission fluid’s life, and help prevent leaks.
When getting your vehicle serviced, explain any problems in as much detail as possible to our technicians. This will help us diagnose and prevent transmission issues efficiently and accurately.